The Long Linhay is perfect for walkers as it is set on the footpath to Lee, which is directly linked to the coastal path. This section of the path features:
- Rockham Bay, a secluded beach with plenty of rockpools
- Morte Point – a dramatic headland with spectacular views and the possibility of seeing seals
- Bull Point Lighthouse.
The cottage is also a ten minute walk from the pretty village of Mortehoe, featuring stone cottages, three pubs, a tea-room, church, small museum and village shops. In the other direction, a walk across the hills to the little village of Lee Bay is rewarding. Less than two miles away is Woolacombe with its award-winning three mile stretch of sandy beach, and a selection of small shops and restaurants.
Easewell Farm is adjacent to The Long Linhay and provides a nine hole golf course and licensed clubhouse.
It’s the perfect spot for surfers, as the world-class surfing beaches of Saunton, Croyde and Woolacombe are just a short drive away. Ilfracombe lies seven miles to the East, with its pretty harbour offering boat trips for fishing and excursions along the coast or to Lundy Island.
The market town of Barnstaple is a 30 minute drive, with its shops, restaurants, Pannier Market, cinema and theatre.
- Town Farm Tea Garden – offers delicious homemade cream teas and a wide selection of cakes.
- Mortehoe Museum – local museum
- Damage Barton Camping and Caravan site
Pubs and restaurants
- Rockleigh House Takeaway – delicious homemade food to takeaway
- Chichester Arms – beautiful 16th century pub, offering real ales and great food
- Barricane Beach Cafe – small beach cafe which serves Sri Lankan curries in the evening during the warmer months
- North Devon beaches – review of local beaches
- South West Coast path – information on coastal walks in the area
- Tarka Trail – local cycle trail, offering 30 miles of cycle path through the countryside
- Walking on Waves surf school – learn to surf
- Surfing beaches in North Devon – BBC review
- Surf check – Live surf web cams covering North Devon’s main beaches
- Mortehoe and Woolacombe Golf Club – situated adjacent to Yarde Farm
- Borough Farm – home of David Kennard and star of Channel 5’s Sheepdog Tales: Mist
- Lundy – take a trip to the beautiful island of Lundy. Regular sailings from Ilfracombe and Bideford